Tuesday 23 December 2014

Festive Nail Art #4 - Penguin

 
 
Hello,
 

I'm back today with the fourth part of my Festive Nail Art Series. (Part 1, 2 and 3 here) Today's design is a penguin, I think it is adorable. Thank you to my sister for letting me paint her nails for this tutorial. So, lets get started.
 

You need:
- Black nail polish (I used No 7's Black Patent) -
- White nail polish -
- Background colour (Claire's So Couture) -
- Yellow nail polish -
 
(You can use nail art pens if you like or bobby pins/ hair grips or cocktail sticks - I have used a combination of all of these to create this design)
 



The first step is to paint your nails in your chosen background colour. I have used Claire's So Couture; this colour is a pink/nude with gold glitters/ shimmer. I recommend using a nail polish with glitters/shimmer inside, this will make your nails look even more festive.
 


Step two is to add the penguins body. To do this make a 'hill' shape using a black nail polish (I can't really think of a name for this shape, so just look at the photo above). I have used No 7's Black Patent nail polish, I've been loving this at the moment, I really recommend No 7 nail polishes if you are looking for a really good quality nail polish.
 

 
Next, you need to apply a smaller version of this shape inside your black shape. I cannot stress enough that you need to wait for the black nail polish to completely dry, otherwise the white nail polish goes grey ( this happened a bit when I applied the white).
 
 
The final thing to do is to add your penguins beak and eyes. For the eyes I made two white dots on the black nail polish using an old hair grip/bobby pin, using this created the perfect circle. When dried apply a smaller black dot in each circle to finish the eyes.
 
 For the beak all I did was add a triangle of yellow nail polish to the top of the white shape, you could use an orange colour if you wanted.
 
For both of these details you could use either a nail art pen, bobby pin/ hair grip or a cocktail stick.
 
 
And that's it! Thank you for reading, don't forget to check my blog again tomorrow for another #countdowntochristmas blog post, byee.
 
 
Megan♡
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment