Wednesday 15 November 2017

Winter Tag

Image from Google
So I was planning on writing something like the Autumn or Winter tag but seems now I'm a little late for the start of Autumn... Although I'm pretty sure we went from the super warm days to freezing in the matter of days, not so much a smooth transition haha! Because of that I thought I'd skip ahead to doing some form of Winter questions post. Honestly I'm beyond excited for Christmas. I actually picked up a second Christmas jumper the other week, something a little cuter and less like an ugly xmas sweater.. I can and I will get away with wearing this most of the cold days!! We are currently
making plans for Christmas decorating in my uni flat (will do a post on that for sure!) and as well a takeaway and xmas movie night ahhh - it makes me so happy I'm with loads of fellow early Christmas lovers. But anyway, after a quick google search I found some questions that I'm going to answer today. 

What are your favourite things about Winter?
I'm a real fan of the darker, cozy nights in. I like wearing more comfy clothes and winter months definitely justify this!

What is your favourite Winter outfit?
Like a said things that are a lot more comfy and cozy, so mostly oversized jumpers. I also love a good bobble hat. Of course I have to include my go to outfit of a flannel shirt and docs, the flannel is something I wear all year around, just switch up the shoes and bottoms - layering is also great around this time of year.

What is your favourite Winter food?
More comfort food ... umm a pattern is beginning to appear hah! Pringles are my go to snack, everyone that knows this will understand! I also find hot meals a lot more enjoyable in the colder weather, not a fan of eating full cooked meals in the summer.

Favourite Winter drink?
Hands down a hot chocolate, particularly the Costa Christmas range. It's just been released this year and I still haven't got my hands on a mint hot chocolate yet! I do wish they brought back the orange hot chocolate - at least I'm sure they did it, I'm not imaging right?!

What is your dream way to spend a Winter's day?
Cozy day in with blankets, snacks and hot chocolate. Defiantly a Christmas movie day with a box of Quality Street.

How do you like to do your make-up in Winter?
umm my makeup doesn't tent to change all too much, its more that I remove the light peachy colour combos and focus on the darker purple and red looks. Having green eyes, purple shadows suit me well. Winter is also the chance to bring out the dark lip shades. This year more than previously I've been wearing a NYX berry shade on nights out.

What are you hoping Santa brings you?
Pringles haha so I can sock up for next uni semester! I also love the look of Anna Saccone's latest releases from her jewellery collection. I like the idea of the silver bar necklace that allows an engraving and also the little silver sun birthstone necklace/chocker. Perfect for layering.  

What are the first three things that remind you of Winter?
When its starts to get dark early - annoying for walking around but nice for cozy nights in. The frosty mornings, we had one of these today, was walking around and it was 2'C crazy! and although this isn't technically general Winter, its when you start to see the first xmas tv adverts, it gets me so excited, and I guess you can class xmas as a large part of the winter months.

What is your favourite Winter song?
Again anything Christmassy haha, such festive excitement. And also, although these are a all year round fave, got to love a Disney song!

What is your favourite Winter memory?
Defiantly the Christmas light turn on back home, I think I have a post on here from there a few years ago.. ah yes its here. See I also talk about the orange hot chocolate here! It a tradition to normally go and watch the lights and fireworks, followed by a christmassy hot chocolate - although this has in recent years been upgraded to the pub oops... last years was a personal fave and I'm actually going home this year to watch it!

What is your favourite Winter scent?
I'm not too sure really, mainly just the smell of a good old hot chocolate and also any warm vanilla or cinnamon kind of scents, I have a few shower gels like this that I will be cracking out soon!


I hope you enjoyed, I hope to be more active on my blog over this Winter/Christmas period however I have many uni deadlines before I go home yay :// See you next time,

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment