Monday 20 November 2017

And the festive season begins...DIY


Lets just say I am very excited for Christmas... Recently went on a shopping trip to pick up a few Christmas things for my uni room and for our flat common room (post soon). I wanted to decorate my shelf area above my bed with some form of bunting and add fairy lights too. I couldn't exactly get what I was looking for so
I decided to pick up a few things and make the bunting myself. In this post I'll show you this quick DIY followed by some more photos from the day!

For this DIY I used:
  • Christmas Gift tags... these are from Tiger £1
  • String/Ribbon... mine is again from Tiger £1
  • and an optional extra... Fairy Lights.. mine from Wilko £3
This DIY is super simple. After laying out the tags in the order/ pattern I wanted, I threaded each tag onto the string. In order to secure the tags in place I tied each one in place with a quick knot, making sure each tag was an equal distance apart. As you can see from the photos below I created two smaller bunting pieces but you can decide the length of your own bunting and how full it is, simply through changing the spacing between the tags.

And finally you can add the fairy lights to your space along side the bunting - I really recommend these, the ball covers create a really soft cozy vibe when its dark.

Simple! Thats all for today, more photos after these DIY photos! I hope you enjoyed and I plan to upload as much winter and Christmas content as I can, I do however have deadlines soon.. :/ See you next time, while your here don't forget to check out my twitter and instagram pages, both @megansw0rld. Byee!

-Megan




More of the day....

(Jumper - Primark £12)



No comments:

Post a Comment