Sunday 5 July 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 10 // Review



In Todays post I am going to be reviewing one of Bourjois' liquid lipsticks in '10 Don't Pink of it!'. I realised that I don't own many lip products and I wanted to get a few more. However, I still prefer a more natural lip shade. This range by Bourjois was at the top of my list of lip products to try. I had seen them mentioned online a lot and the formula of these products had always intrigued me.
 
Bourjois claims that the Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick range: gives your lips bold, matt and longlasting colour with 24hr hold. Its lightweight, velvety texture and non-drying formula gives extreme comfort that doesn't smudge!
 
It comes in really nice packaging, allowing you to see the product well. The only trouble I found with this is that the product appears a bit less bright in the packaging than it does on the lips, however it is still a really nice shade. I picked this colour as I've seen the quite a lot of  people talking about this particular colour and in my local Superdrug it looked like the most natural shade available (I think the website had a larger range than my local shop). It comes with a applicator similar to most lipglosses but as it is a matt product it does feel a bit odd when you first try the product, I was expecting it to be more like a lip gloss formula.
 
On the lips it does exactly what it claims. It dries matt but is not drying on your lips. After a while you don't even realise you are wearing it. I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours but this product doesn't really move off your lips. I tried eating meals when wearing this and after the colour is still there and maintains an even colour. As the day goes on the colour does begin to fade (that's understandable) but it stays even. The lipstick is really pigmented and you can build up a strong colour really quickly.
 
I defiantly recommend this lip product - I only wish they did a slightly more subtle shade. (but that might have just been the colour range that my local Superdrug stocked) I think this product stands out from other lip products mainly because of the staying power. This is priced at £8.99 in Superdrug.
 
 
Thankyou for reading. I have quite a lot of products that I want to review soon and there will be a haul of a lot of the beauty products I have picked up, so look out for that. See you next time, byee.
 
 
Megan x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment