Sunday 18 May 2014

Room Decorations

Hello,

Welcome back to my blog. So, today I though I would share with you some room decoration ideas; these are the sorts of things I have done to my room and loved :)
 
 
One thing I have been loving to do is adding cushions to my bed. This is comfy and looks pretty; as I spend a lot of time in my room - I'm guessing I'm not the only one! The cushions you choose could be seasonal and the photos above are of two cushions I consider to be great colours for spring and summer. (I have made these myself, so I may do a simple cushion tutorial in the future?) 
 


My second room must have, is candles. 'Lemon Lavender' is by far my favourite Yankee Candle scent. Candles not only smell great but I also think they look really cute around my room - most of my candles are white, pink, cream and purple to match my room. The candle holder is perfect for tea lights and Yankee Candle samplers. I love the bird cage style. I brought this from Asda and you can stand it up (like I have) or hang it.
 
 
I also think that photo frames and pictures make your room a lot more personal. These frames hang really nicely on my wall; I think they are really cute and I love the 'worn/old' style wood that has been used for these. The hanging frames I have photographed were from Sainsbury's (not available online) but I think you can get a similar single frame in Primark. I do also have some basic square standing frames but these are old so I'm not sure where I got them from (Sorry). I also think that getting different colour frames can look great and adds a bit of variety - I have wooden, black and red frames.
 

 
And finally... I have recently purchased some fake flowers for my room. I think that this is really cute and makes my room look extra spring and summery. I brought these flowers from Hobbycraft - white £1.39 and pink £0.99.  Obviously you don't have to buy fake flowers but I have because its easier and they will last a long time; making it cheaper. I have placed the flowers in a Latte glass from Dunelm Mill (Similar to the glasses in Costa) and have filled the glass with marbles - you could also use the plant pot topper stone things (I don't know what they are called!). This gives it a unique look. I think that using a glass milk bottle would also look great, but it all really depends on what flowers you are buying.
 
Thank you for reading. Feel free to leave any post requests in the comments. See you next week :)
 
 
Megan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment