Sunday 31 August 2014

Summer Favourites

Hello,

I have combined my July and August favourites to create the Summer favourites I am showing you today. These are mostly makeup as I feel that the summer is perfect for experimenting with new looks and products. I hope you enjoy.
 
 
Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
I have been using this quite a lot over the summer. It makes winged and normal eyeliner a lot easier to do. It takes me less time to apply my eyeliner now, than when I was using my old liquid eyeliners. You can use this to create thin lines but also build it up to create a dramatic eye look. I brought this from Superdrug for £5.99, it's also available at Boots.
 
Bourjois Blush in 95 Rose
I've had this for a while so I'm not sure whether it is still available but recently I have been using this not as a blush but as an eye shadow. I don't normally wear any blush but after not using this for ages I decided that it would be a shame to waste it. I am in love with the colour and scent of this and have currently been using it on my eyelids. I am very much an eyes girl and love to experiment with different eye looks, so why not!! My summer eye look often uses pink shades and I think this makes a lovely eye shadow colour. In the past I've seen bronzers being used on the eyes so I don't see why it can't be done!
 
Rimmel Eye Shadow Quad in 003 Smokey Purple
Again I have had this for a while and over the summer I have begun to use it again. This quad allows you to create a few different looks and because of its size it is easy to travel around. It gives a suggested look but I have also been using some of the colours alone or in pairs to get a different look. These last all day and I believe they are priced at £6.99 or £7.99, I'm not sure.
 
 
BarryM Nail Polish in Duchess 
My nail polish favourite over the summer is one from the BarryM Texture range. It looks to be made from pinky sliver nail polish with sliver glitters (Sorry bad description!). This nail polish won't be for everyone as it doesn't have the smooth feel a normal nail polish has, hence being in the texture range. Normally BarryM nail polishes don't impress me and I need over 3 coats to create a even colour. However I only need 2 coats maximum for this nail polish. You probably know by now that I do have quite an obsession with nail polishes but this summer I decided not to buy any and use up the ones I have. This was a great decision as I have rediscovered a lot of old favourites.
 
MUA Eye Shadow in Shade 16 Matt
This eye shadow has become quite useful this summer. I have used it under other eye shadows making blending my eye shadows a lot better. I have also used this alone when I didn't want to wear a lot of bold/colourful eye makeup. These are only a £1 so don't last an amazing amount of time but for that price it does work very well.
 
Impulse in Sweet Smile
On to my non makeup favourites... My summer scent has been the Impulse body spray in Sweet Smile. I am rubbish at describing smells but it does smell amazing (wow so helpful...) The scent is apparently Pear and Jasmine; to me it definably smells quite floral which is great for the summer. The scent lasts all day, which is amazing as I used to wear perfume as it lasted longer but this lasts the same amount of time!!!
 
 Silver and Sand Jewellery
When I was on holiday I spotted this jewellery stand on a market. It sold some beautiful sliver jewellery and it was hard to choose what not to buy! In the end I picked up two pairs of earrings, £10 each, the first is a pair of daisy flower studs and the second a pair of tree design earrings. When I got back I looked up the website so click here to check that out.
 
 
Thank you for reading. I hope you have enjoyed this blog post. Don't forget to follow my blog, Instagram and Google+ to be reminded whenever I post. You can now also follow my blog on Bloglovin. See you next time, byee.
 
 
Megan♡
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment