Sunday 24 August 2014

Collective Summer Haul

 
Hello,
 
Recently I have been shopping a few times, one of these being to Oxford Street in London, where I have picked up quite a lot of the things I'm about to show you. Instead of writing separate posts I have decided to combine everything into this blog post. I would just like to add that I wouldn't normally spend this much when shopping but I had known about the shopping trip to London for quite a while so I had been saving. I am not bragging about anything I am about to share with you and believe me I won't be going shopping for a while now.
 
New Look
Forever 21
 
I am firstly going to show you my purchases from New Look. The New Look sale was good but as we visited it quite early in the day I wanted to save my money for the other shops. In the end I picked up this floral top for £8.00; I think at full price it was around £13 - £15. I also brought a pair of checked leggings, £12.99 (these weren't in the sale). I'm very much a jeans girl and they are a bit different to my normal style but these are so comfortable.
 
I purchased two things in Forever 21. To be honest Forever 21 didn't really impress me that much... I picked up this strappy top, I thought this would go nicely under the floral top I showed before as it's a bit see through. These were £2.00 and I kind of wish I had picked up a few more in different colours as they fit really nicely and feel really well made. I also picked up another quite basic staple item. This white t-shirt is slightly cropped and I think it will go really nicely with the leggings I brought from New Look, plus white generally goes well with anything. This was only £6.00.
 
Primark and Lush
Topshop

 
In Primark I picked up two pairs of their frilly socks, one in white and the other grey with a cream frill. These are only £1.50 and as most of my Topshop frilly socks have black frills I decided I needed some white ones to go with my grey converse. I also brought the Primark Eyelash curlers, I've never used eyelash curlers and as these were only a £1 I though I would try some out. 
 
When I wasn't in London, I went into my local Lush store to buy a face mask; £6.25. I chose the 'Love Lettuce' one as it was suited to my skin type. It has a strong Lavender scent.
 
Back to London ... I only brought one item from Topshop. I had seen this top before and had even tried it on in white when I went shopping with my friends at the start of summer; I didn't buy it then as I thought I would wait until my London trip. As I have quite a lot of white tops I decided to buy it in black when we were in one of the Oxford Street Topshops. This was £16. I love the edges on the bottom and sleeves of this top. I was also going to get another top from there that I again had tried on when I when shopping with my friends, but I couldn't find it :(
 
Makeup Purchases
 
These are the makeup items I have picked up recently. In Superdrug I picked up another Maybelline Colour Tattoo, this time in Permanent Taupe, £4.99. The other two Maybelline Colour Tattoos I own are both shimmery, whereas this is a matt shade. I don't really know how to describe the colour of this but it is a natural shade. My current favourite look with this is using a small amount of this (it is very dark if you use too much) on my eyelid and crease, then taking another Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and on Bronze and putting that in the inner part of my eyelids. I also popped into my local Boots store and brought one of the Revlon Lip Butters. In Boots all Revlon lip products were 2 for £10, so me and my sister brought one each, essentially I only paid £5.00 (at full price these are £7.99). Mine is in the colour Cotton Candy; they all have such cute names! I have only used this a few times but I LOVE it.    
 
My last purchase for this haul was the Real Techniques eye Starter kit. These retail at £20.99 but I ordered mine from amazon for only £13.50, which is amazing! (Link here.) Quite a lot of the Real Techniques brushes can be found on amazon for less so I would advise you have a look if you are thinking on buying any. In this set you get a base shadow brush, a deluxe crease brush, an accent, a pixel point eyeliner brush and a brow brush. I am so excited to start using these.
 
 
Thank you for reading this haul. Again like I said at the start I'm not bragging about anything I got; I personally love these types of blog posts (or YouTube Videos) I find them super helpful. Sorry if the photos aren't the best, I didn't really know how to photograph the clothes.
 
 
Megan♡
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment