Friday 8 August 2014

Rimmel Nail Polish - Review


 
Hello,
 
Welcome back! I haven't been able to post for over a week, so I thought I would share this with you today before going back to my normal every Sunday schedule.

Today I am going to do a short review on the Rimmel London Nail Polishes. From Left -Right I have photographed 703 Pear Drop, 198 Azure, 060 Hot & Spicy and 840 Blue Eyed Girl. Pear Drop and Azure both have a shimmer to them, whereas Hot & Spicy and Blue Eyed Girl are flat/ solid colours.
 
The first 3 nail polishes I have photographed are from the I love Lasting Finish collection. They claim to have a 'hardwearing, chip resistant, long lasting nail colour for a great colour finish'. I agree with this as I have recently been wearing Pear Drop and it has lasted for nearly 7 days with minimal chips. However when applying the nail polish I generally go of two coats as with only one coat the colour seems to be a little streaky; so they don't have an amazing colour finish with one coat like they claim to have.

The blue nail polish 'Blue Eyed Girl' is from the 60 seconds collection, claiming to 'give fantastic colour and shine in 60 seconds with just 1 stroke, 1 coat and 1 minute drying time!'  I don't agree with all of this as it defiantly doesn't only need one stroke. This nail polish does dry very quickly and you could get away with one coat, though I tend to apply two.

My favourite Rimmel nail polish that I have tried has to be Pear Drop. In the photograph below I am wearing this nail polish with a glitter nail polish from Claire's, called Blue Glitter. I love pairing these as it reminds me of a Mermaid, I'm not really sure why. However I do also like to wear it on its own.

 
Although I don't own many of these nail polish, there is a huge range available with many different collections and colours. Most of the collections share the same shape bottle allowing you to see exactly the colour of the nail polish and all have names, which is something I love a nail product to have - I don't really know why! I would suggest you apply a base coat under a Rimmel Nail Polish as recently they have stained my nails without one.

I Love Lasting  Finish | £2.99

60 Seconds | £3.69

Overall, the Rimmel Nail Polishes are good nail polishes. However, they are not perfect and are not my favourite nail polishes. I have also written a blog post on the Maybelline Colour Show nail polishes, click here to read that if you haven't already. Thank you for reading. See you next time, goodbyee.


Megan♡

 

No comments:

Post a Comment