Monday 5 March 2018

Maybelline Total Temptations - Review and Comparison




I’m back today with a makeup post. The Total Temptations range from Maybelline came out a while ago and one thing I was particularly interested in was the mascara. I haven’t tried a new mascara in a while and after reading a few first impressions I thought I should give it a try. So that’s what I’m going to do! Also if you’ve read my blog before you’ll know that the reason I haven’t really experimented with my mascaras in a while is because I completely fell in love with my trusty Lash Sensational; another Maybelline product. So I thought it would be interesting at the end to do a little comparison.

On first impression; when I first looked at the mascara I was quite worried about the brush size, now it’s not majorly big but occasionally my mascara gets quite messy and tbh it didn’t look like a brush that would do much! But wow I was wrong. What I loved about the mascara that it created lots of length; this personally is very important in a mascara. I don’t wear false lashes and with wearing glasses I know they would get in the way - which is why I love a mascara that can give me as much length as I need. 

The other thing I noticed about the mascara is that it has a really nice scent to it. I’m pretty sure the range has hints of coconut which I thought that was a nice touch for when applying. In terms of application, the mascara was quite gentle to apply if that makes sense, I didn’t find myself having to really force the product on and I think that’s down to how little product you really need to fully create the look you want. As well as this I found the mascara really worked well on my lower lashes; something that I didn’t think it would do with the brush size. This mascara is definitely something I’m going to be reaching for more and more, I think it’s going to be something that works really well for a quick makeup look as well as being buildable when I want really full lashes.
 
* * *

Like I said to start with I really wanted to review this new mascara again my previous fave. So today I’ve been wearing both mascaras, one on each eye to really be able to compare them, right from application, to how it looks at the end of the day. Luckily for me they created a almost identical final look but I did find some differences throughout application.

I noticed that I achieved the same look with a lot less of the Total Temptations product, this is definitely a bonus if you are in a rush. As mentioned before I definitely felt the that Total Temptations mascara worked really well on my bottom lashes and created a much nicer length.
 
However on the other hand I felt that the Lash Sensational mascara was a lot blacker, I’m not sure why that is because they are both in the same equivalent colour. Having said that, this could have been because in order to create the look I wanted I had used a bit more product. I would like to add although I’m saying a lot more product, you still don’t need a lot of product for the LS, just in comparison with the TT (I hope that makes sense). For me I still felt alot more comfortable with the shape of the LS brush but for bottom lashes I preferred the TT shape - which I’m super surprised about.

Overall I’m very pleased that I picked up the Total Temptations mascara and it will be something I reach for, and tbh already have been, on a regular basis. I would say that this has become one of my new favourites, probably on par with the Lash Sensational as they both have positives and negatives. 

I've also done a full review of the Lash Sensation so click here if you'd like to read more! 


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment