Sunday 12 April 2015

Neutral Nails

L-R Are you still available?, Chai, Highland Mist, Almond

Hello,

Spring is here and I feel it's time to change up my nail look. Over the winter I  basically just wore darker shades and / or glitter nail polishes; so a new season is the perfect time to change it up. 

This spring I have opted for the neutral and slightly grey toned pastel colours (I have no idea whether that's the right thing to call them). Although these are the types of colours you can wear all year round (and with most of these I do), I think these colours do work best around this time of year; you can create a really elegant look with a neutral nail and make your nails look really fresh and awake. 

There are many of these colours out there and so many that I am yet to try; so I thought I would create a list of some of my favourite neutral nail polishes that I have tried...
 
Makeup Revolution - Are you still available? 
What is there that I haven't already said about this!! It is a beautiful purple-grey shade. I have worn this so much and I think it would suit all seasons.
 
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine - Chai
This is a grey colour. I'm only a fan of the Gelly Hi- Shine range from Barrym; you don't need lots of coats like the other ranges. It's super shiny and would go well with any outfit. It is a bit darker to the other colours in this post but I know I will get a lot of wear out of this!

No.7 Stay Perfect - Highland Mist
I LOVE the quality of No.7 nail polishes; they are fast drying and have a really nice finish. It is a subtle corally pink shade and looks really pretty.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine - Almond
Another BarryM nail polish. This is a beautiful pale purple- grey (a lot lighter to the first Makeup Revolution colour). This, like all the others I've included, is a very wearable, pretty nude colour - I will be wearing it a lot!!

Thankyou for reading. I hope you enjoyed. A neutral nail polish can really complete a look, if you haven't already check out my 'Step into Spring' Lookbook to find out what I will be wearing this season (here). Also feel free to comment some other neutral nail polishes I should try. Goodbyee.


Megan x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment