Sunday 1 June 2014

April / May Favourites

Hello June!

As the title suggests todays post will be my favourites from April and May. I have chosen to do a random favourites, and will be covering many different items I have been loving, not just fashion and beauty.
 

I have recently finished reading The Fault in our Stars; I loved it. I know I'm a bit late with this one but as the film trailer came out I wanted to read the book first - otherwise I knew I wouldn't read the book after watching it. I've never really been into reading sad books but the story line was great. I'm not going to say much about it as I don't want to spoil it if you haven't read it yet.

Although I hadn't read a book in a while, I found it hard to put this book down and I now intend to read some more of John Green's books. If you haven't read it I highly recommend you buy it now. Also check out the song by Ed Sheeran for the film, I loved it!
 
Amazon | £3.85
 
 
Again I'm a bit late with this as well. I recently watched Frozen. I had most of the songs stuck in my head even before I watched it and I still can't resit singing them around the house. (oh dear...) You're never too old for a bit of Disney!!!
 
It wasn't as good a some people made it out to be and I think I enjoyed the songs more if I'm perfectly honest. Nevertheless I did enjoy the film enough to put it in my favourites. 
 
Amazon | £10.00
 
 
My next favourite is this MUA lipstick in 'Bare'. I picked this up as I wanted a lipstick that wasn't so bold and bright, and this is a perfect Spring nude/ pink. I didn't wear lipstick a lot before and didn't want to spend much, so I brought this for a £1. I wasn't expecting much but I have loved it.
 
Superdrug | £1
 
 
I have been loving this product by Treacle Moon. As suggested by the name it is in the scent Raspberry. The main reason this is appearing in my favourites is because I was unaware until I read the packaging it is not only a shower gel, but also a bubble bath - this amazed me for some reason. Because of this I find it super handy as you only have to use one product. As well as this it has a lovely scent and, unlike some products I have used before, the scent is still there when and after you use it.
 
Tesco | £2.99
 
Link it all Treacle Moon Products at Tesco Here.
 
 
There are two nail polishes that I have been loving recently. They are very different but equally great in my opinion. In April I enjoyed wearing 'Pistachio Ice Cream' by MUA (Right). This is a mint green very much like Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple'. I featured this is my Spring OOTD.
 
Superdrug | £1
 
My nail polish favourite of May was the Claire's 'So Couture' (Left). This is a pink/nude colour with a gold shimmer. I rediscovered this nail polish in May and I really loved it. It didn't chip and I only needed one coat.
 
Claire's | £1
 
 
 This is a really strange favourite but I recently wanted Jelly Tots and hadn't seen them around for years. I don't really sure why I love them so much but they are a really cute size and remind me of when I was little. They are my favourite sweets at the moment. Yes, I know you probably think I'm really weird now...
 
 
This is another strange favourite. I recently discovered the McVitie's Gold Bar, and I love it. It is a biscuit bar covered with a what I believe to be Honeycomb or Caramel flavoured chocolate; that it describes as a 'unique gold coating'. I'm really not sure if this is something that everyone has had in the past but I have only tried this in the last week of May. This, like the Jelly Tots, is not the healthiest of food (Oops..?!) but honestly I have loved them.  
 
 
Being a huge One Direction fan I brought 'Our Moment' back when it was first brought out. But recently I have found myself wearing it more than I did before. I love the scent this has and the cute packaging. I really would like to buy 'That Moment' as well now. I am also looking forward to going to the Where We Are Tour next Sunday, SO EXCITED!!
 
Superdrug | £15 - £38
 
Boots | £19.99 - £38.50
 
 
My last favourite is New Look. This is probably where I buy most of my clothes at the moment. Its really affordable and great quality. With it being really local for me, its always the first shop I go to.
 
 
 
Thanks for reading. I will try an do regular favourites posts but only when there is a significant amount of items I have been loving. If you have any suggestions of products/ things you think I would enjoy comment below. I would also love to know your opinions on the things I've mentioned in todays post. See you all next week, Goodbyeee :)
 
 
Megan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment