Sunday 29 June 2014

DofE 2014

 
Hello,
 
Last weekend I went on my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze expedition. For those who have done DofE before you will know that you have to have an aim for the expedition; so this is where this blog post comes in. My friends and I choose to blog and vlog the experience, so last weekend I took some photos of the expedition to share with you. For our DofE expedition we had to walk 15km a day, for two days, carrying everything we needed on our packs - honestly it felt like I was floating when I took that bag off!!

 
I'm going to apologise now for the quality of these images, my camera is so old now and never really wants to take a decent picture... and these aren't the worst photos! We set off on day 1 at about 9.00, I still can't believe I was even able to get up early enough to get there on time on a weekend but somehow I did. We didn't get too lost.. and only ended up going in a loop and ending up in the same place about 2 hours later (It was not funny at the time!). We travelled through woods, fields and up hills all day and arrived at camp at about 5? - to be honest I was too excited to be at the campsite and get my bag off to remember the time. At camp we put up our tents, cooked and ate our dinner, then drank hot chocolate as the sun went down. It was a lovely evening.
 
 
 Day two arrived and we set off at ridiculous o'clock in the morning to try and avoid the heat. Our first challenge was one of the biggest hills in Oxfordshire - and I can reassure you it was pretty steep. The rest of the day was filled with more woods and more hills... we developed the technique of climbing these hills in the heat with large sticks to act like walking poles. By the end of the day our feet were killing and the sight of the final destination was a great feeling.
 
 
So, that was Duke of Edinburgh 2014. Wow another extremely long blog post (sorry) I hope you liked reading and do let me know about your DofE experiences. Before I go I have to show you this photo from our practise expedition; basically we found this metal gate and decided to take a group photo, we set up the camera on a timer onto of a pile of our rucksacks. I clicked to button and as the camera took the picture we watched as the bags collapsed producing the photo below... Goodbyee
 
 
Megan, Mariah, Chloe, Jessica, Becci, Megan & Hannah
 
 

♡  ♡  ♡
 


No comments:

Post a Comment