Saturday 7 June 2014

Daisy Nails - Tutorial

Hello,

Today I am going to be sharing another nail art tutorial, as my last one seemed to be quite popular. This time I am going to be creating a daisy design - perfect for Spring and Summer.
 
 
Firstly you need to paint your nails in your chosen base colour. For this I have used 'Utopia' by Models Own. (I have a mini version) This is a grey/purple colour but any bright, nude or pastel colour would work well.
 
  
You now need to decide whether you want your daisy design on every nail or just the accent nail. For the purpose of this tutorial I have created the design on my accent nail.
 
After the base layer has dried, you will then need to create the white petals for the daisies. For this you will need to use a nail art pen or a white nail polish applied with a cocktail stick or a old hair grip. I have used a nail art pen from the Rio Professional Nail Art Kit (Basic Set). However if you want to buy individual nail art pens Superdrug have a good selection from different brands.
 
Apply five white dots/triangle shapes in a circle, leaving a gap in the centre of each circle of petals.(image below). You can create as many daisies as you want; but space them out. For this tutorial I have chosen to do three, but it depends on the size of the nail.
 
 
After dry, you need to add a yellow dot to the centre of each daisy - using again either a yellow nail art pen or yellow nail polish applied with a cocktail stick or old hair grip.

Your nails should then look a bit like this (images below). I would then apply a clear top coat, to keep the nail polish on for longer.
  
 

Garland | (New Look) £3.99

Necklace | (New Look) Not Available Online
 
I hope you find this tutorial useful. Use the hash tag #megansworldblog on Instagram if you do recreate this design (You can use this for feedback and requests whenever you want).

Let me know if you enjoy reading this type of blog post. Thank you for reading, see you next week :)
 
 
Megan

 


No comments:

Post a Comment