Sunday 15 April 2018

Makeup Bag Essentials



With living away from home for uni, packing is a frequent thing. Ensuring that I have a good selection of makeup is part of that - the worst thing is realising you need something and you've left it at home while you are away at uni! Tbh because of this it's easy to start realising what are essential products or clothing and that has been super useful in my 'spring cleaning' declutter over Easter. So today I'm going to talk through some of the products that are must haves in my makeup bag and tend to reach for everyday. While living away from home I've not felt like I've been missing any makeup in particular so thats something right!!?


Face Makeup

Starting with base makeup, I don't actually wear any foundation. Mainly my reason for this as I find it really hard ti find the right shade, as I tan super quick and randomly which would be a nightmare. I'm also not a fan of having too much heavy makeup on my face which I why I tend to keep things simple other than putting a bit more into my eye makeup. For this reason concealer is a important part of my makeup. The combination that I consider essential is mixing the Collection Green concealer with my normal shade concealer (damn how many times have I said the word concealer). Currently I mix this with the Rimmel Wake Me Up. I love this combo for covering redness and the Wake Me Up also works well under my eyes. I do however want to try some new concealers so if you have an suggestions let me know!

As for other face makeup essentials, I constantly reach for my MUA Undress Your Skin highlight in Iridescent Gold. This is so perfect for a nighttime highlight and something I reach for when I go 'all out' with my makeup look. For such an affordable price this product is a must have!

For my eyebrows I always use the Maybelline Brow Drama this adds colour to my brows - as mine are fairly light and sets them in place (I've even worn this in the sea without it coming off). This gives a natural brow look, I like it as it helps darken my brows as without my brows are basically nothing they are so light and also helps shape them. For a more full makeup look I will add a little concealer and highlight above and below my brows.


Eye Makeup

The Revolution eyeshadow palette (Iconic 3) is something I pretty much use everyday. The shade range of pink to purple tones as well as a slight gold/brown shade allows me to create eyeshadow looks that really suit my green eye colour. The colours have great pigmentation and little fallout for only £4 as well as having a variety of shades that work together so nicely and a mix of matte and shimmer shades. In particular shades number 5 and 6 from the left work super well on their own for a quick but effective look. As an eye shadow base I always use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Creme de nude' as it reduces the discolouration and eyeshadows sit perfectly on top of this. 

I have two Mascara faves - which I recently reviewed and compared here. Both from Maybelline, the Lash Sensational and Total Temptation mascaras create a full lash look with volume and length. Because I wear glasses and can't wear false lashes I always like my mascara to recreate the full look that false lashes achieve. I go into much more detail in that blog post.


Lips

Recently I've been enjoying wearing more lip products on an everyday bases. I always start off with a lip balm (I'm currently using the Tanya Burr one, however any would work) because I'm a lover of a matte liquid lipstick.

My most used lipstick would be the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in the shade Seductress. This for me is my perfect nude shade that is wearable for everyday makeup looks. I've also reviewed this here. As well as that I recent go to lip product is a rediscovery of mine. The Loreal Colour Riche lipstick in Eva's Nude (similar) was something I picked up years ago because of an 'instagram hype' and honestly just thought the packaging was stunning. Yet I've been wearing it more and more and love its creamy texture and pinky nude colour - a perfect everyday essential.



I'm pretty sure I've covered everything in this post. These products are real must haves in my makeup bag and I reach for them day to day and totally recommend. I hope you've enjoyed this post and I hope that it might be useful in picking out makeup product that are frequently used and recommended. See you in my next post.. Ohh also I'm not sure if you all will have noticed but I've updated my blog header so thanks to all those on insta stories that voted! 

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment