Sunday 12 October 2014

Maybelline - Review #2




Hello,

So, today I'm back with the second part of my Maybelline review. So far I have reviewed three Maybelline products; click here to see that if you haven't already.

 
I had been wanting to try out "Brow Drama" for a while, I had seen a YouTuber talk about it and it sounded like a really good product. It didn't disappoint! I have never really used a product like this and didn't do anything to my eyebrows before. For the price of £4.99, "Brow Drama" is a sculpting brow mascara. The applicator is similar to a normal eyelash mascara but has a slightly different shape. I wanted to get this to help even up my eyebrows and this product leaves your brows looking natural and is also quick to do. It works by combing through your eyebrows, helping them stay in place and adds colour. I purchased this is the shade 'Dark Blond' but there are only three different shades  to choose from. I think Maybelline should add some more colours to suit everyone. This lasts the whole day and doesn't smudge, so you can apply in the morning and forget about you brows throughout the day. I have loved this product so far and I has lasted quite a long time. I would highly recommend this product to everyone even if you are new to  doing anything to your eyebrows as I feel this is easy for beginners.

Superdrug & Boots

 
I have already separately reviewed the Maybelline "Colour Show" nail polishes (£2.99) so click here to read that review. I basically said that they are my favourite nail polishes as they are long lasting and you only need one coat.
 
 
 
The Maybelline's "Baby Lips" range retail at £2.99. These were introduced in the UK a while back and everyone went crazy for them. Of course the first thing you are drawn to are the brightly coloured packaging and because of this they are really cute to display in your bedroom.
 
"Pink Punch" (Pink and Yellow Packaging) and "Cherry Me" (Orange and Red) are the two lip balms that have a colour (shown in the image above). However I don't find these to be very bright, but are a good alternative to a lipstick if you are looking for a small amount of colour - ideal for school. "Peach Kiss" (Purple and Nude) has a slight shimmer in it but I find this barely visible. "Mint Fresh" (Green and Purple) is one of the scented Baby Lips, along with the ones I mentioned above, I love the mint scent this has - a bit like After Eights?! "Mint Fresh", "Intense Care" (Yellow and Orange) and "Hydrate" (Blue and Pink) are all colourless Baby Lips. I don't really like "Intense Care" as I don't really feel it does much nor is tinted - this would have to be my least favourite. "Hydrate" is the only one that does anything to my lips, leaving them hydrated and smooth - but not as much as other lip balms do. 
 
Overall I don't think these are the best lip balm products and I would only re-purchase "Mint Fresh".
 
 
 
I think Maybelline is my favourite make up brand. Thank you for reading. If you recommend any other Maybelline product I haven't mentioned in the two blog posts feel free to leave a comment below and I will check that out. Thanks again, Goodbyeee
 
 
Megan
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment