Friday 12 January 2018

Winter Favourites


I'm back with my favourites from the last few months. I wanted to share with you some of the things I've been trying and loving recently. This isn't a huge post but I wanted to mention things that I've never included in a favourites post before. 

So, starting with makeup.
The 'Revolution' palette has been my perfect mix of eyeshadow shades. Being at uni it's great that there is a range of shades in one place. The pigmentation of these shadows is great, and (not that I've tried) but this palette has been compared as a great dupe for the Naked palettes, but for less than £5! Secondly, I've been loving this NYX berry/ purple toned Liquid Lipstick. Matte liquid lipsticks have always been a favourite, I love the long lasting quality of them. This particular shade is something I usually wear on a night out. I find that because the shade is rather dark it can wear off when eating etc, but on a night out this isn't an issue. I think this markets at £6, before I purchased I wasn't sure if the colour would suit me. I actually accidentally purchased a £3 pretty much identical shade from MUA Luxe range in 'Elegance'  when I was looking for a different shade (long story, deffo messed up testing the shades hah). Anyway this is a similar colour and very inexpensive if you aren't sure if the colour would suit; I will mention though that I found that the MUA version was a lot more drying, hence why I prefer the NYX version.

I've been having some issues with breakouts on my skin recently, I'm not sure if it's due to the change of environment, moving back home for Xmas as the timings seem to link, but as I've said before I'm a huge fan of the Body Shop Tea Tree range (post here) so I thought I'd try the face mask. I find this super super cooling on the skin, it's one of those face masks that feels like it's doing good - if that makes sense. I've noticed that after applying the breakouts began to go away after a few days. I think this will be a product I use regularly - I'll update you all on my thoughts.

Clothing wise, these aren't photographed but Pjs have been a favourite over the winter months. Particularly love this grey pair with a cute panda print from Next, a xmas gift. On New Years Eve, after a meal out, it was great to get into pjs and cozy up for the night. Slightly more 'glam' recently I've been loving hooped earrings. For Christmas, I got a set of three sizes, perfect for every occasion - from day to night. All my hoops are from Accessorize, their silver range, so are all super affordable. The other pair photographed are more detailed with the hanging hand detail, matching a necklace I've owned for a while (not from the same shop). I love it as it add a little more detail to the simple small hoop. The final thing I want to mention is a food item, obviously there are none left to photography.. oopsie! The Tesco Stemmed Ginger cookies were amazing, I picked these up back at uni. I thought I would mention these as I deffo want to pick up again!

Thankyou for reading. See you next time with a new post! Wishing you all are having the best start to the new year. I'm beginning a new term at Uni so I will post when I can!

-Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment